Monday, July 25, 2016

What china is now dreaming is to become what is was in the past, ie almost two centuries ago. Yes it was the Super power two centuries back in terms of size of it's economy. What Xi is trying to achieve is the old China. But Xi and Chinese need to understand that the factors which made the Chinese economy a super power does not exist at this time and they cannot become an Asian super power without support from other countries especially from it's neighbors.

I just want to say that, if it really want to be a super power as it wishes, the necessary thing, I think is, China and Chinese need to be respected by the world. It will NOT come from it's economic power only. I think there three types of power, 1. Economy, 2. military or hard power, 3. Soft power. China does have a strong economy (Even though some western media saying that its just a balloon - I do not agree) and a strong military. But lacks soft power.
NOT only India, but the entire world, including Pakistan and North Korea, looks at China with suspicion. Everybody need their cheap labor and money. Without that China is NOTHING, but just like a NORTH KOREA.

China was handling 23% of the world GDP, two centuries ago, and at the same time India was there at the second position. Both of these countries have large population then and now. I can see in many Chinese online news portals, that they are trying to undermine the power of India saying that Chinese GDP is three times bigger than that of India, and Indian military is nothing in front of Chinese military. What I want to point here is that, it came just in thirty years. India and China have to go at least a few centuries from here on. So there is lot of time before us. But it's the time for us both India and China to decide whether you want to fulfill the ambitions of your people. If that is the case, it's time for us to to resolve all kinds of issues - boundary, suspicions etc - through their economic power, military power or soft power.

I think, at the moment China is not capable enough to play with it's ECONOMIC POWER with India, as India does not really depends either on China's 3 times bigger economy, or it's economic friends (Since there is no one). Definitely China will be the winner if there is a direct war between India and China. But here the question is - if it is happening, will it happen in that way?. I don't think so. That means China cannot occupy Arunachal Pradesh through a military combat now, or in the future as both the countries are growing in the same pace. Now about the soft power. I think there are only very few countries which can be counted on finger, and posses no influence on the world stage, such as Pakistan, North Korea and Cambodia will support China's positions.

I would like to conclude saying that China can be definitely a SUPER POWER, and India will be there SECOND TO NONE, if all of them understand the SAME.

No comments:

Post a Comment